Miro guests were greyed out - bug?


Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Today I shared a board with guest links, but some guest had the board completely greyed out. Bummer!

  • We tried different browsers
  • We tried emptying the cache
  • We tried restart browser and computer

After the workshop i played around with it and found it to be the Sharing Settings / Permissions / Adding guests names if board is public.

  • If set to CAN add names - board went greyed out
  • if set to CAN’T add names - board worked perfectly normal

What did I miss? Or is this a bug?
Recording of the error can be found here: https://youtu.be/2-xAGOESR64

Mats Kempe 2 days ago

I actually got info from that support ticket you created @Robert Johnson. They said it was a bug and that they knew about it.

Since it is Beta we naturally shouldn’t trust in 100% yet.

The simple solution for me was to disable guest names - then it worked like a charm.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I actually got info from that support ticket you created @Robert Johnson. They said it was a bug and that they knew about it.

Since it is Beta we naturally shouldn’t trust in 100% yet.

The simple solution for me was to disable guest names - then it worked like a charm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mats Kempe - This “Guest naming” feature is still in beta and may need some work. I will convert this post into a Miro support ticket, so they can submit this as feedback to the product team.

And thanks on behalf of support/the product team for recording the video of this in action!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mats Kempe - This is broken for me too:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l_gZ2Z0=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mats Kempe - This is working for me again - try this link in an Incognito window:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l_gZ2Z0=/

 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Robert Johnson We had about 30% of the crowd experiencing this grey out, but it worked fine for the other 70%.
And we couldn’t find the piece that made it work for some and not for others. They used the same OS, same browser etc.
 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mats Kempe - A few other possibilities:

  • It could have been related to a specific browser extension.
  • Beta features are usually deployed in segments across various user accounts/plan types - perhaps there was a conflict - another really good reason for the product team to be notified, and why beta testing is conducted.

In the end, we’ll likely never know the reason. I suppose that feedback to Miro would be that they add a “BETA” warning near this setting in the board’s Share permissions, something to the effect of, ‘this feature may not function as expected’.

Reply