Miro Estimation: Story points not set up for this board

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am trying to prepare an Estimation on my Miro board. I have added Jira tickets that need to be estimated, they are within the boundaries of the Estimation area but when I go to pick the board and choose the correct one (or any for that matter), I get the error message that Story points not set up for this board. I made sure that ticket that is chosen is the one that is ready for estimation and it is Story. I have then tried that for other tickets for other boards and always get the same error. Any idea what am I doing wrong or what needs to change. We have previously used Planning Poker on Jira. 

4 replies

Also having an issue with story points not being set up for the board...help! ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Magdalena!

Great, I’m glad you were able to find out why it wasn’t working!

Thank you for your update and kind words. If you ever have any more questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Have a great weekend!⛄

Hi, Thank you very much for your email. I have managed to get an answer from Miro support. The issue is with the fact that my board is Kanban and estimation is not available for the Kanban board on Miro. 

Thank you again for taking time to get back to me!

Magda

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Magdalena!

First of all, I am SO sorry for the late reply! 

We didn’t mean to keep you waiting and I really hope that we’re still able to help you out.

For the estimation to work, the story points field needs to be set up in Jira. On the Jira Card on your board it will look like this: 

Whereas in the Jira issue itself it will look like this:

Does this help? If it doesn’t, please do let us know and we will continue to investigate! If you could send us some screenshots or a short video, that would be great.

Thank you!