Answered

Miro board to Microsoft PowerPoint

• 28 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Is it possible to export boards created in Miro to Microsoft PowerPoint (PPTX)?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 28 May 2020, 18:35

View original

8 replies

Is it possible to export boards created in Miro to Microsoft PowerPoint (PPTX)?

Yes, and I know how to do it using Acrobat Pro.

To use this method, select the frames (frames only and at least two of them) that you want to export. In the floating selection menu, click the three dot menu and select “Export as PDF.” Select “Best quality” and export. Open that PDF in Acrobat Pro and use the “Export a PDF” feature to convert it to a PowerPoint file.

This will give you a highly editable pptx - there may be some text formatting, page order or link issues, but it’s a fairly robust translation!

We need an easy way to copy MIRO diagrams to PowerPoint and Confluence. Seems that a .SVG export would be the easiest path. The proposed work-arounds are convoluted, and the quality of rastor graphic file types is sub optimal.

When do you plan to include a simple SVG export from MIRO please?

Thanks, Leon.

My use case is the need to use Miro frames as a Zoom virtual background. Zoom supports PowerPoint and KeyNote as virtual background. Hence, I need to export my Miro frames to PowerPoint or KeyNote.

Userlevel 2

WE NEED a miro integration into powerpoint !!! This is a must

Can I convert Miro to PowerPoint?

Is it possible to export boards created in Miro to Microsoft PowerPoint (PPTX)? There is no native PPT support for exports, but you could export the board as a PDF or as an image and import that into a PowerPoint slide or slides

Userlevel 1

I love using Miro to create presentations but in a Powerpoint heavy business environment, exporting from Miro as jpgs to a powerpoint in all probability would negatively affect accessibility. I hope they take a look at this - it would be a valuable feature to have.

You can import a PDF into Powerpoint by using Insert > Object > Create from File but be aware that Powerpoint will do a number on your nicely designed Miro graphic, including but not limited to randomly substituting Unicode characters, converting line weights and other forms of hideousness. Till such time as Miro lets you export as SVG, I’ve found the best way to export for Powerpoint is to use the Medium JPG format and scale up in Powerpoint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Pawel Grabowski -

There is no native PPT support for exports, but you could export the board as a PDF or as an image and import that into a PowerPoint slide or slides.

Kiron