Answered

Make Board View Only

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I have the free tier and I’m trying to create a new board. I’m only 3 allowed editable boards at a time. I’m fine to make one of my existing boards view-only but the Miro suggestion of the board it will make view-only is one I actively work in. How do I specify which of my current 3 editable boards, the one I want to make view-only.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 April 2021, 05:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Matt_MPS -

if you open the board and click the Share button in the top right of the window you should be able to specify the view only access for your team members to it.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matt_MPS From the Free Plan Help Center article:

This would suggest that the board you do not want to go into VIEW-ONLY mode was created before the other two active/editable boards. To get around this, I would suggest combining the contents of the other two boards into one.

Is this an expected behavior to prevent a user with a View Only access from downloading a board as a PDF?

If not, please advise on the next steps.

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sr_H - I believe the feature you are looking for is the Board Content Settings.

Thanks Robert.

Miro has a fantastic feature for that. When you duplicate existing View-Only board, new cloned board will be writable but of course you loose write access for last 3th created board. I hope this may help for your problem.