M1 Silicon Macs Support

• 7 January 2021
  • 15 replies

Hi, I wonder if there will be a desktop app for the new silicon chips?

thx

15 replies

Same thing here. Emulation runs ok but definitely performance is not great. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Dran and @Luca Caretto,

Thanks for asking! We have support for M1 chip in plans, stay tuned.

Thanks @Tolya Filippov - when you say you have… you mean that is coming soon? Any beta to try at all please ?:p

Userlevel 4

@Luca Caretto I’m sorry I can’t give you specific dates, we’ll research it in February and after that it’ll become clearer. Deal, when we have beta version to test we’ll reach out to you :)

Great!! Really looking forward to it :)

Any news?

Userlevel 4

@Thomas Floracks It’s still in plans, hope to support it in this Q, please stay tuned.
Could you please share which problems you encounter with Miro desktop app on Mac with M1 chip?

@Tolya Filippov - personally I just noticed that it runs really slow and crushes… using the online version for now. 

@Tolya Filippov Among many apps based on Electron, a good number have migrated to use the version of Electron that runs natively on Apple Silicon and the difference in performance and system load is massive. I have at least 5 that I use regularly that now run native on my MacBook Pro M1. 

Any updates on this? 😢

Any updates guys? really looking forward to Miro working on the M1 chip, as I’m a Miro power user and using it on a daily basis

Any updates guys? really looking forward to Miro working on the M1 chip, as I’m a Miro power user and using it on a daily basis

Doesn’t seem to be a native App yet but I’m just using Brave / Chrome for now - working great so far (By clicking “Create Shortcut” in Brave or Chrome you can basically make it appear to be an “App”, it shows up in the Mac apps and app switcher). Did the same with Figma. 

I’m on a MBA M1 and it already runs more smooth than on my high specced 2020 Intel MBP 🤷🏽‍♂️

Any updates? It’s been a while… Would be great to hear if there’s already a timeline or something in the making. Performance on my M1 MBA can be sluggish and the CMD + M shortcut to minimise the window doesn’t work.

The Miro App on my M1 MBP does not load the floating menus - they show up as “ghost boxes” - semi-transparent white boxes. I will have to use only in the browser for now. 

Doesn’t seem to be a native App yet but I’m just using Brave / Chrome for now - working great so far (By clicking “Create Shortcut” in Brave or Chrome you can basically make it appear to be an “App”, it shows up in the Mac apps and app switcher). Did the same with Figma. 

I’m on a MBA M1 and it already runs more smooth than on my high specced 2020 Intel MBP 🤷🏽‍♂️

Thanks for this. Where do you click “Create Shortcut”?