Lock Diagramms

Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a way to lock all diagramming-objects on a Board. 

I have tested it with frame, transparent rectangle, all selected, but you can always move the objects.

BR, Dominik

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dominik Henkes -

Unlike unlocking, there is no “lock all” command. However, you can drag a selection rectangle around all unlocked objects and lock them. You can then do a protected lock which would only allow the board owner or a co-owner to unlock them.

If you truly don’t want any changes made to a board, a much simpler approach would be to share it view only or comments only with your participants.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale , thanks for your answer but your first solution doesn’t work. After locking you can move the objects anyway.

So I will choose the second variant.

BR, Dominik

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dominik Henkes -

That’s very odd - can you post a Loom (or similar) video showing the behavior? I’ve never had issues with locking frames or the objects within them, so this might be a bug of some kind…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dominik Henkes - If you put a frame around locked objects, when you move the frame, the objects move with the frame - you also need to lock the frame you put around the locked objects.

Related (kind of): when you put a frame around a frame, the inner frame doesn’t move with the outer frame. If you want them too, you have to group the frames together.

But… if you lock the objects AFTER they are in the frame, they do not appear to move with the frame. The investigation continues...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If lock a sticky note, put a frame around it, the object moves with the frame. If you put a second frame around the first frame and locked object and then group the objects and then double-click the first frame--this is how you can target and move a single object that is part of a group--then ungroup the two frames, then the link between the locked sticky note and the frame is broken. Not sure if this is a bug or an edge case.

I will try again to describe a sequence of events

- Use a swimlane
- Put Flowchart objects in the swimlane
- Connect with an arrow
- Create a frame around the swimlane

It is now possible to lock the frame, lock the swimlane, lock the arrows, but the flow-chart objects can still be moved.

I didn’t found anything to lock the flowchart-Objects 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dominik Henkes - Thanks for sharing. This makes sense now. When looking at the Tables help center article we see:

⚠️ Content within tables can't be lockedaligned, and grouped.

Right away I suspect that the swimlane object is using the same architecture as tables and object in the swimlane appear to have the same limitations.

@Vlada - Tagging you in here as I see you were the last person to update the mapping & diagramming HC article. Can you confirm that the above limitations do apply to swimlanes too?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robert Johnson @Dominik Henkes 

Yes, you’re correct: the limitations apply to swimlanes too. The article has been updated, thank you for mentioning me.

Any plans on updating that limitation?

It seems rather weird that (nearly?) everything but table content can be locked :) 

Or an way I can open up a feature request/report on that :D ?

king regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Any plans on updating that limitation?

It seems rather weird that (nearly?) everything but table content can be locked :) 

Or an way I can open up a feature request/report on that :D ?

king regards

You could post in the Wish List category to request this feature - other Community members could upvote your idea if they wish.

You can read more about posting dea in the Wish List category by reading the following post: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.