links in Miro from a sticky note

• 18 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I'm trying to get a system overview using several sticky notes.
On these, the designations with the connections to each other are only available for an overview.

As a kind of legend, I would like to define the terms in more detail within miro at another point.
It should be linked directly to the other place with a click (within a table or list) and at this place you can store an exact system description again and the user can also access it and read the details.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ThomasMGIS -

You could do this fairly easily using the “Link To” option from the pop-up menu for an object. Create the reference table or list in a different part of the board, get its link reference (from the pop-up menu) and then go to the item which you wish to link to that table or list and use the link reference in the “Link To” option.

Kiron

thanks for the quick reply.

However, I don't just want to link to the table, but to the exact place of the name, so that the user can jump softly to the entry and, ideally, jump back to the original  entry point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ThomasMGIS -

Unfortunately, the only way to do this would be to have the starting & reference entries as individual objects which you’d add links to. Sticky notes in a table would be one way to do this…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ThomasMGIS : You can link nearly every object - and with some workarounds you can place it like you want it to be - here is an example for an other user - we used a textelement in this example:

Even if a direct link inside of a Sticky is not working the same way like the other linking objects - there are ways to find a solution:

https://community.miro.com/miro-community-auf-deutsch-81/mehrere-tafelseiten-unter-einem-link-4896?postid=20573#post20573

Michael