[KNOWN BUG] Mind map bug doesn't let me expand child nodes

Userlevel 1

When I left click on a child node the cursos changes to “box select” items and it doesn’t open the node itself.

I’ve cleared cache on Chrome, Incognito mode, Miro app and nothing worked.

It’s a really important mindmap and it took me hours to build it. 
Please help me!

Rafael Leto 1 year ago

@Robert Johnson @Henrik Ståhl  

Response from Miro support:

Yadira (Miro Support & Help Center)
Jan 11, 2023, 23:14 UTC

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for the report!

Indeed there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We're bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes!

We'll keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us!

Kindly,

Yadira

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Rafael Leto Have you tried copy-pasting it into another board and see if it behaves differently? And in the Miro desktop app, have you reset application data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have you tried duplicating the board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If there is no confidential or sensitive data on the board, I could try opening the it to see if it works for me. You could set the “Anyone with the link” access to “Can view” and directly message me the board link: https://community.miro.com/members/robert-johnson-304

Userlevel 1

@Henrik Ståhl I’ve duplicated the board and tried copy-paste and it didn’t work as well.

Tried “reset application data” option and it didn’t work.

@Robert Johnson I’ve shared my board with you on your DM. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rafael Leto - Looking at this now...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rafael Leto -  Your mind map definitely appears to have been corrupted. I noted right away that a few options are missing:

Since you sent me the board link, I will convert your post into a support ticket and include the link - you should receive an email confirmation shortly.

Userlevel 1

@Rafael Leto -  Your mind map definitely appears to have been corrupted. I noted right away that a few options are missing:

Since you sent me the board link, I will convert your post into a support ticket and include the link - you should receive an email confirmation shortly.

I’ve received the email.

I’ll let you know when Miro’s support team get back to me.

I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Seems like the expand/collapse feature has caused some unexpected behaviors in mind maps, I've seen a few other bugs reported by users. Most of them were solved through clearing cache etc though. I hope Miro can help you with your issues @Rafael Leto!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I even tried to download the mind map data using the Mindmap Downloader app, in hopes that all of the text entered in the hidden nodes could be retrieved but I get this error:

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson @Henrik Ståhl  

Response from Miro support:

Yadira (Miro Support & Help Center)
Jan 11, 2023, 23:14 UTC

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for the report!

Indeed there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We're bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes!

We'll keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us!

Kindly,

Yadira

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rafael Leto - Just checking in to see if you received any further replies from Miro support about this issue?