don't miss

[KNOWN BUG] Changes to a shape type are not kept after refreshing

• 17 September 2022
  • 2 replies

1. Draw a rectangle
  2. Switch its type to circle -- get a circle instead, everything is fine so far
  3. Refresh the miro app
  4. See the rectangle coming back where the circle was

Can anybody replicate this, or it is mine only?

Apollonia 17 days ago

Hi @goryntsev

Thanks for flagging this - looks like there’s indeed a bug on our end that prevents the shape change from being saved. 🛠

The good news is that I’ve passed this case along to the developers and they’re already working on a fix. Stay tuned for updates!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @goryntsev

Thanks for flagging this - looks like there’s indeed a bug on our end that prevents the shape change from being saved. 🛠

The good news is that I’ve passed this case along to the developers and they’re already working on a fix. Stay tuned for updates!

The Asset Database keeps track of two types of Asset dependencies: static dependencies and dynamic dependencies. If any dependency
 of an Asset changes, Unity triggers a reimport of that Asset.

Static dependencies

A static dependency is a value, setting or property that an importer depends on. Static dependencies are known before the Asset is imported, and are not affected by the behavior of the importer during the import process. If a static dependency of an Asset changes, Unity re-imports that Asset.

Some common static dependencies are:

• The name of the Asset
  • ID of the importer associated with the Asset
  • The version of the importer
  • The currently selected build target platform
Dynamic dependencies

Unity typically discovers the dynamic dependencies of an asset during the import process. This is because these dependencies are defined by the content of the source asset. For example, a Shader
 might reference another Shader, and a Prefab
 might depend on other Prefabs.

The importer might also use a global state conditionally based on the content of the source asset, in which case it also becomes a dynamic dependency. Examples of this are the target platform, the Project’s color space, the graphics API, the scripting runtime version, or the Texture compression
 state. Read More