[RESOLVED] Jira Cards broken on Jira Server 9.0+

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

We are running on-premise JIRA servers in version 9.0.0 an 9.1.0 and after the update from version 8.x the JIRA Cards Plugin stopped working.

I tracked the issue to the deprecation of a REST API point by following the trail of errors in the Browser Console on our Miro boards.

The endpoint on JIRA Server side in question is:

{JIRA_SERVER_URL}/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta

The error message, which comes from the JIRA Server itself, is piped through the Miro JIRA Cards API point to the browser, so I could track it down. The error is:

{"errorMessages":["Issue Does Not Exist"],"errors":{}}

The error message is misleading.

The JIRA endpoint is deprecated as announced: here

The link also provides alternative API endpoints to mitigate the deprecation, which requires code changes in the Miro JIRA Cards plugin on Miro’s side.

Any fixes planed for this?

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi @Oliver JR,

Thanks for your patience!

The team has just released the update, so Jira Cards should be working in full again. Please refresh any boards you had open before this update to ensure the latest application version containing the update will be applied on these boards. 

Please let me know if you still experience any issues with the Jira cards! 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Oliver JR,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'm afraid this is a known issue, but the team is already working on an update that would allow you to create and edit Jira Cards from the board again. I'll let you know once the update is released.

In the meantime, new cards should still be importable (both by pasting their URLs or from the picker) as long as they are created on Jira's side. Any changes made to the existing cards in Jira should also auto-populate to the board. Please bear with us while we're working on the fix. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Oliver JR,

Thanks for your patience!

The team has just released the update, so Jira Cards should be working in full again. Please refresh any boards you had open before this update to ensure the latest application version containing the update will be applied on these boards. 

Please let me know if you still experience any issues with the Jira cards!