Answered

Issue with arrows

Hi,

I need some help/advise with lines/arrows please.

I create all of my diagrams within an A4 Frame as I find this helps when I send documents to PDF. The problem I have is that when I do this, the lines/arrows in the frame are very small, (even when set to maximum size) you just cannot not see the arrows, and the lines are very thin.

Is there a way around this, am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Steven

icon

Best answer by Steven-JWPM 26 March 2021, 12:36

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steven-JWPM -

I’m not seeing this behavior - I created a new board with a single A4 frame and added four boxes with connecting arrows and then did a best quality export to a PDF file. This was done via Google Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

Am I missing a step or misunderstanding your situation?

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

Thank you for your reply, this is what I am have

Many thanks

Steven

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steven-JWPM -

Have you tried modifying the arrowhead type and line thickness to see if that makes any difference in the exports?

Kiron

Yes, its the same while it is in the board, this is on full

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steven-JWPM -

Since I’m unable to reproduce that, I’m thinking it is somehow related to your system configuration. If you are accessing Miro via a web browser can you try it through the desktop app (or vice versa)?

Kiron

Morning Kiron,

I normally use the Windows desktop app, but I am also have the same issue when using the brower version.

I think the problem is related to the type of board and or the type of template I am using. If I use a ‘flowchart’ tamplate on a new board, I can make the arrows/line a lot larger.

Many thanks

Steven 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steven-JWPM -

Good point - I did this just using the native shapes in Miro so it is possible the template you were using somehow “broke” this functionality.

Kiron

Yes maybe, thank you for time and help with this..

Hi, beginner here.

I made a few almost identical Miro boards for groupwork, and having issues with arrows being too thin (tried on Microsoft Edge browser, Google Chrome, and desktop app). I also tried by making a new board from Miro’s templates, and then pasting all the contents from my boards. But then the arrows are very thin again even at max thickness. 

One temporary fix was to use the Diagramming function in the lefthand toolbar to add shapes. But it doesn’t seem to work all the time. 

I need to keep the contents I created and not base off a template. 

I am on the Team plan but multiple people will work on the boards via web browser as visitors. 

If you have any ideas on workarounds I would really appreciate it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yuki H -

When you say the arrows are too thin, is this a function of the zoom level? Are you able to post a screenshot so we can get a better idea of what you are experiencing?

For the line tool, you do have the ability to alter the thickness of the lines by clicking on the Type icon in the pop-up toolbar when you select the line or arrow (see below).

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Thanks for your reply. You are right, it is a function of the zoom level.

I was operating the Miro board at zoom levels of 4-5%, which made the arrows very thin by default. If I zoom in to say 40% and create the arrows, they are much thicker and are visible even when zoomed out. 

I already have a few frames with quite a bit of content already created. Should I just make them smaller, so that I can use the board at higher zoom %, and make visible arrows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yuki H -

I’d suggest that it would be worth setting your board up so that a zoom level of 50% or more is usable as 4-5% feels like the content is extremely small. As the board is an infinite canvas, there’s no need to worry about running out of available space.

Kiron

I have a similar issue about arrows. Sometimes some arrows change their style to a thinner one, obligating me to just click on it and move some centimeters, so the arrow back to original size. Someone could help me?

I have a similar issue about arrows. Sometimes some arrows change their style to a thinner one, obligating me to just click on it and move some centimeters, so the arrow back to original size. Someone could help me?

I am having this same issue.

I have spent hour trying to draw these arrows in such a way that they will not automatically SHRING to this thin level with no success.  I am able to “move each arrow just a tiny bit” to get it back to it’s full size like all other arrows.  I am able to save the image.  However, the next time I log into the diagram, some, if not many, of the arrows go back to this ultra thin state.  (SEE IMAGE BELOW)

To add to my previous post:

H​​​​​​ere is a closeup showing that the setting of thickness (but before I “wiggle” the arrow line​

Below is after I move the line ever so slightly

I am also having this issue with arrows - do we have some resolution to it?  Thanks