Answered

Is there a way to make links stay relative to different items when pasting in to a new board?

• 27 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I hold the same workshop to multiple clients, and for this workshop I’ve developed sort of a master version board. For each client I then hold the workshop for, I copy paste the relevant frames and items I wish to include into a new board which I have added to that account and project. 

The problem is that when I do this, all links that I had created are still pointing to the master version board, and not the frames in the new board. As I may want to have 10 or maybe even 100 links in one of these master version board, it makes it impossible to use links because of this. 

A nice feature would be to make the links stay intact within each board. As far as I understand it, the links are today built up by /boardID/widgetID. So I guess what I would like is that if I paste a set of 20 frames into a new board, containing 100 links, the link would replace the /boardID/ part of all links and append the new board’s ID instead into all links. Is there a way to do this already?

icon

Best answer by Johan 5 May 2020, 19:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

So far I have solved it with creating a linked grid that I save as a template - this way I can import that grid every time I create a new board, and then pull on the different frames onto the grid. A bit hacky - but does the trick at least.

Userlevel 3

So far I have solved it with creating a linked grid that I save as a template - this way I can import that grid every time I create a new board, and then pull on the different frames onto the grid. A bit hacky - but does the trick at least.

@Johan I don’t understand your workaround can you expand? Or can anyone else explain?

Userlevel 3

Hey @Johan, have you tried duplicating the board? If you duplicate the board, all links will be pointing to the objects on the new board.

Does it solve your problem?

@Anton Telitsyn duplicating the board still points it back to the original frames in the board for me. Is there something I’m missing?