Is there a way to fold the extract pdf or other files back?

• 20 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I import an pdf file to a Board and extracted it into separate pages, after review them, I’d like to put them together to make to board bit clean and easy to manage, but somehow I can’t find a way to put them back together. Does Miro provide this function? I think this is a very good way to manage comparably large Board.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@erictighten - There is currently no “join pages” functionality in Miro, only “extract pages”.

If you’d like to see this functionality in Miro, you can add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@erictighten -

I might be missing something, but why not just delete the extracted pages and re-import the original PDF as a single (non-extracted) document into your board?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For any readers who are not familiar with the feature, you can upload a document to a Miro board and then extract pages. Some of the support file types are: PDF, Word, PowerPoint.

When you export pages, they are not deleted from the original - it remains intact on the board.

As the Work Smarter, not Harder → Split multiple docs outlines, if you don’t need the original/all-pages document, you can deleted it off of the board:

1. Upload the file to the board;
  2. Click on the file, in the context menu choose Extract pages:mceclip0.png
  3. Choose how you want to split the file - all or just specific pages and click Extract:Paris_GIF.gif
    Extracting pages

Expanded pages will appear right under the original file. If there is no need in the original file you can delete it - all extracted pages will stay on the board.

Userlevel 1

@erictighten -

I might be missing something, but why not just delete the extracted pages and re-import the original PDF as a single (non-extracted) document into your board?

Kiron

I may not make it clear enough, let’s assume that after I reviewed the pdf, I may have some comments or some notes over it, I may not want to lose them, since I know it’s not saved in the original pdf file. What I am expecting is that these comments and marks/notes may be attached to each specific page of the file and once I fold/join the pages together they will all fold/join into the file, on the other hand, once I extract them again, I will still be able to see all comments and notes/marks.

Fortunately, I found another way to solve this requirement by editing and commenting on the original pdf file via google drive, and keep the file imported in Miro NOT extract in order to keep the board clean and better organized.

Hope this may help someone who requires similar functions on Miro. I just started to use Miro a couple of weeks ago, it’s the best cross-platform, live-sync( with very little lag), and supporting handwriting productive tool so far.