Question

Is the board too big - Lagging

• 2 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all!

I wanted to test the “limits” of a board to work on, with aprox. 70 people.

I created one board, with a total of 2300 elements on it (13 times same board, for teams to work in) and with 70 people working, it was impossible.

So I am trying to figure out if.

• I hit a limit to number of elements on a board
  • I hit a limit with amount of people working at the same time
  • If it is a local problem with things like working through VPN, slow mashines, bad connection.

What is your experience of “limits” before it gets to laggy

Cheers
Henrik

5 replies

Sorry it´s 6500 elements in the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Hkepler -

This will also be a function of how you are accessing Miro (i.e. desktop app vs web browser) and the power of your device (e.g. CPU, memory, GPU).

The Help Center has an article on board performance here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013588560-Tips-to-Improve-Board-Performance

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale 

Thanks for coming back to me, it all makes sence, but there is a long way from my 6500 elements to the 100.000 that is the max.

You say there is a difference between the App and browser, but I cant see what. Is the App faster than the browser or vice versa - you know that?

I use a lot of internal linking, helping everybody to navigate faster - does that “hurt” the performance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Hkepler -

I doubt links would put too heavy a load on the system. The bigger culprits tend to be the richer content which has to be rendered and transmitted back and forth from the Miro servers. High resolution images are one example of this as are large documents. Is there any opportunity for you to lean out the board by combining some less critical content into a single medium resolution image and pasting that into Miro in place of multiple objects?

Kiron

I dream about heaving an endless miro that cannot lag…
I am a teacher, and today I was excited, and I organized my books and audio and video content on it but it started lagging. I wish I could put all my stuff there in only one board and work smoothly… even paying extra it would be worth it cuz I’m too visual and it helps me a lot...