Upload audio files to the board

Hi,

Am I missing anything in that we can’t add any audio files onto a board?

Thanks

Have you seen this help article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-Media-to-Boards?iframe=1&account_id=3074457347328667139

Have you seen this help article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-Media-to-Boards?iframe=1&account_id=3074457347328667139

Thanks Kiron, yes, I’ve seen that. I need to share coursebook audio. It’s not a big deal as I can share it through Zoom, but it would be great to have it all in one place.

You might be able to kludge it by converting it to a YouTube file, host it privately (i.e. don’t publish the link for search purposes) and add in the iframe reference.

You might be able to kludge it by converting it to a YouTube file, host it privately (i.e. don’t publish the link for search purposes) and add in the iframe reference.

Thanks for that. It’s not about sharing as much as having it all together in one place. I can Dropbox for sharing. Cheers!

And I need to add mp3 on my board. It will be great to  have all instruments in one place...

It would be super handy to able to attach short audio messages to elements in a Board, without having to use a time-sapping workaround.

No audio support? Miro, you are missing out on a big opportunity. I think adding short audio files and video snippets as comments is a must-have to make a great tool closer to an all in one solution. Converting audio files to video is too much of friction in the workflow in my opinion. :(

Yes, according to the Supported File Formats help article, audio files are not supported.

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

I would also like to see the ability to add an audio file to the board to 

1. provide audio directions to self-guided tours and/or participation in an asynchronous activity on the board
  2. embed sound effects/easter eggs to add ambience. I have built a virtual exhibition gallery for our students to display their work and want to embed some music that viewers can play in certain rooms to add to the feel of a lounge or a cafe. I am using the workaround where I embedded a video from YouTube into a “stereo” that I created, but just an audio file would be best.

Lisa

@Nataliya Gorobinskaya Audio embedding is a must for teachers. We work with lots of audio materials, and converting each little audio to a video file, or uploading it to Soundcloud and then manually embedding it is too much of a hassle.

You can check how Notion does it - you can simply drag an mp3 file to a page and voila it’s there.

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

Hola Nataliya, soy diseñador UX y profesor en Universiad. 
Me sería muy útil el uso de audios cortos, soy dislexico y me resulta más fácil dejar comentarios en audio en las diferentes instancias y trabajos de los alumnos y proyectos. 

I’m a composer who would really welcome an option to record sound and put it somewhere on the board. You never know when an idea hits you (usually not when you’re sitting in front of the computer. At the moment I simply record ideas with my smartphone. This results in an unordered list with recordings for different songs.

I would love to have the option to record a voice message in the Miro App and then order it on the Miro board so I have everything ordered by song and part of the song. When working with other composers, this could also vastly improve collaboration.

I attached a mockup below to make it clear.

If you came here via Google like me: Vote this wishlist item up, so it gets attention from the team: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/audio-message-611?postid=13106#post13106

@Nataliya Gorobinskaya we are using Miro to design IVR systems / conversational agents - so being able to embed audio files of what the Text-to-speech will say at each stage would be a huge improvement for us.

What about videos?

Yes, I’d love to have audio files too! I teach French with Miro and the idea is to put listenings on the board. I can make it with a video, but it’s impossible to go to the video, pause it and come back it (it plays from the begging :/

No audio support? Miro, you are missing out on a big opportunity. I think adding short audio files and video snippets as comments is a must-have to make a great tool closer to an all in one solution. Converting audio files to video is too much of friction in the workflow in my opinion. :(

exactly!!! we need audio!

@Nataliya Gorobinskaya we are using Miro to design IVR systems / conversational agents - so being able to embed audio files of what the Text-to-speech will say at each stage would be a huge improvement for us.

yes, me too! I’d love to have audio files too! I teach French with Miro and the idea is to put listenings on the board. I can make it with a video, but it’s impossible to go to the video, pause it and come back it (it plays from the begging :/

To add to all the great use cases, when I’m teaching classes, the learners might access the board in advance of the class start time and it would be great to have some “mood music” playing to get them in the right mindset or energy-level for the class.

Kiron

+1 for this function too. I ended up doing the youtube work around myself as this was the only way I could find it to work. We uploaded audio clips to describe possible futures for a scenario planning exercise done remotely.

Another +1 for audio embeds - needed to help guide clients in use of tools to play whilst they are using the board. I use audio for self-guided coaching and instructions how to use tools and templates I share.

I can embed a PodBean iframe but that plays in a pop up window. Please, like the YouTube player - but not limited only to SoundCloud. Playable MP3 from any source would be great.

John K

Please add option to add your own music as well. 

Need this! I love the “all in one place” aspects and really need this for what I’m doing now. PLEASE MIRO…

Hi, I would really appreciate if you’d add the feature to upload or play your own music! It would be amazing! When having regular workshop style meetings, each participant could bring their music on their turn.

What about videos?

My team and I are sound designers and sound design researchers. We'd love to be able to use our Miro boards to post our prototype sounds with each other, share with clients, with stakeholders, etc. We need to have the fies there, spatially organized with images and sticky notes. For these purposes, we currently have to switch over to PowerPoint, which has click-to-play objects with an audio file selector...something like that is one single greatest wish for Miro.