Upload audio files to the board

Hi,

Am I missing anything in that we can’t add any audio files onto a board?

Thanks

Just posted this to another post that was merged to this one, but didn’t see until after.

Reposting from that:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/adding-audio-files-to-the-boards-8124?postid=7815#post7815

I have found a workaround that allows you to use iframes to embed videos and audio you may have on your google drive (not sure of other formats) that you can then play on a Miro board.

Not sure if anyone has already laid this out, if so, apologies for being duplicative. 

In Google Drive (the web version, not for Drive for Desktop) if you click on a video file or an audio file it will open it in a player window directly within Drive. If you click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Then towards the bottom of that menu is an option to “open in a new window”. Click on that and the media will open in a new tab which looks virtually identical to the one you were just in. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner again. In that drop down menu, this time, will be an option to “embed item...”. Selecting that will open an overlay with the embed <iframe> code. Copy that and paste it into the </> embed tool on a Miro board and you can play your media on the board.

Caveats are you need to have permissions to access the media, so anyone who has access to the board will need access to the file - or you can change the restriction of the file on Drive. Video files do not show a preview thumbnail, unlike YouTube links. If you want to change the player resolution from the default 640x480 you need to change it in the </> embed tool on the Miro board when you embed it.

If this helps you, enjoy and do a little happy dance!

It would be very helpful as a teacher to have a way to embed or link an audio file to areas on the board so that if I am gone or a student is gone I can add some verbal instructions or explanations.

How is this still not implemented?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

I’m a composer who would really welcome an option to record sound and put it somewhere on the board. You never know when an idea hits you (usually not when you’re sitting in front of the computer. At the moment I simply record ideas with my smartphone. This results in an unordered list with recordings for different songs.

I would love to have the option to record a voice message in the Miro App and then order it on the Miro board so I have everything ordered by song and part of the song. When working with other composers, this could also vastly improve collaboration.

I attached a mockup below to make it clear.

Why use Miro when you have other options/products already doing this?

This is still relevant. Other platforms add more steps and widget weirdness that complicate workflow, and treat audio as a second-class citizen compared to, heck, images. Already tried with the well-known ones.

I like how I can upload an .mp3 file into a Notion page and it simply shows a player widget. That’s what I want here, simple drag-and-drop audio.

Please add this! Useful for so many things. Upload to GDrive then iframe is not a solution. Workflow is key

Guys !! Still no sound ??? How come ? This feature is rreally, really necessary. 

3 years later and we’re still waiting for this... Trivial feature. I’m currently in two different projects where we proposed to use Miro to the client, but where we had to go with another alternative due to the lack of audio support. 

Uploading to youtube is absolutely not a solution. We need to be able to add dozens of audio clips at the same time, in the same way you would work with images. It’s like if we had to upload every image to imgur before we could add it to the board.

Yet another voice chiming in here

3 years later and we’re still waiting for this... Trivial feature. I’m currently in two different projects where we proposed to use Miro to the client, but where we had to go with another alternative due to the lack of audio support. 

Out of interest, what alternative did you choose? I'm in a similar situation, with Miro's lack of audio support hindering a work project I'm handling. I'd like to hear your suggestion/recommendation for alternatives.

Overall, I'll also chime in with wanting this feature. The upload to a third party, publicly sharing the link, then having to embed on a board is cumbersome and not a nice user experience. It makes the likes of OneNote (which does support audio) feel more consummate in comparison.

I also think having such a feature would give Miro a desirable competitive edge. 

yes… this is probably the only thing missing from Miro atm… Anyone working in the entertainment industry, NEEDS this.