Answered

Import Photos is sweet, but I'd love to make visible text captions travel with the photos

• 21 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to import the photo and then have it have a text caption that is visible and moves along with the photo?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 21 April 2020, 21:48

View original

4 replies

IMO there needs to be a first-class way to add a simple caption to an uploaded image (one of the first things I tried to do on my first miro diagram).  Seems like that anything that is a valid node entity should have this behavior.   I follow the workarounds suggested here, but not what I’m looking for w/r/t my use case.

The tool Milanote has the first -class way of adding a simple caption.  When an image or embedded link is selected and you start typing, the caption appears on the bottom automatically as you type (white box underneath)

This is similar in miro to how selecting a post-it and typing automatically inputs text into the post-it.  I expect the same with media in miro.  Please implement this feature, you hardly have to do any usability R&D on it lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Mark Rauterkus ,

till now there is no way that the text of the picture is shown automaticly.

As workaround you can use either the sticky notes, shapes or the text tools on your picture.

How it could look like shows this:

I used for the examples under the stick note the opacity tool.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Another option is to just annotate the image with a comment. The comment will accompany the image wherever your move it and will only be visible when someone clicks on the comment bubble.

And, another option is to nest the image inside a frame and then add a text caption within the frame under the image.

Kiron