How to change shapes transparency

• 17 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I just want a box with no color.  Basically to create a frame around some items.  Similar to the frame shape.  but I want to just use the shape I want and change the color of the inside to be transparent.

I am not looking for transparency options for images.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Oshun Jones -

Unless I’m missing your ask, you can change the opacity of a shape’s color - see below.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730713-Shapes#h_01F5MSNBYX4EATY26DM0NZED8D

Hmmm. Must’ve been a template that made the shapes include the color.   I could not get the color to disappear.  But now that I try it...the shapes don’t have a  background color (i.e., transparency = 100 or Opaque = 0).

Thanks for not giving me a hard time for such a basic request!

I don’t specifically like this article because there is no demonstration of changing the shape from having a background color to being completely transparent…..but yeah.  This is the article that should have helped me out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Oshun Jones - This is the action that I use quite often to remove the transparency:

Here’s a GIF for Miro’s Help Center article :slight_smile:

Exactly what my initial thought was.   i think a template I was using to create shapes just removed that ability.  That’s what i tried initially to remove the background color