How do I avoid joining a team and make a board? My personal email is associated with my old job

• 14 January 2022
  • 18 replies

Hello,

My personal email and miro account still seem associated with a job I quit and when I open or log into miro I’m now blocked with a pop up that asks me to rejoin the teams at that office. There does not seem to be away to close out of the pop up or avoid it.

I get this pop up when people send links to new miro boards and even when i log into miro using my account in incognito windows. The only options i seem to have are closing miro or requesting team access (these only show teams at my old office not the new ones I’m being invited to). I’d like to use this service for other collaborations but this legacy memory is making it impossible.

Please help!!!

18 replies

Mate I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Although it is my email, and I control it on every other app on the internet, Miro has decided that the account is owned by the company, and the account owns the email. Which means that there is no way to use YOUR email in Miro without the company removing YOUR email from THEIR account.

have raised this as a major issue for anyone that was referred by a training org (where you don’t get company emails, you use your personal one), but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

For such a product forward company it’s hugely disappointing.

Good luck

Absolutely - if i get a good solution will post it back here

I'm having the same issue this makes no sense...

I'll just use FigJam instead.

Hi,

Also having the same problem.  Is there any way of removing the pop-up window and use the app as an individual with a corporate email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi,

Also having the same problem.  Is there any way of removing the pop-up window and use the app as an individual with a corporate email?

@Natalka Walker - Can you share a screenshot of the popup you are seeing?

I should also note that, if the domain of your email address, e.g., @domain.com, is setup with a Miro Enterprise subscription with Domain Control enabled, then you could very well be blocked from creating your own subscription.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Natalka Walker - Do you have this Add/joins team "+" action?

And if so, when you click on it and a popup opens, is there a "create a new team" option at the bottom-left of the popup?

Hi Robert,

No ‘+’ option at the bottom of my screen.

Did you manage to fix this? I am having the exact same problem. Cannot do ANY action with this pop-up, no even log out - so I can’t create a new account.

I want to use Miro for a new venture but will need to suggest my team uses something else now unless there is a way around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Natalka Walker - Not the bottom, but on the left (mine was near bottom as I am a memeber of several teams/spaces):

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tomwhitty - I will convert your reply into a support. Can you please reply back here with the solution from the support team?

As displayed, this is not available to me to action

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Natalka Walker  Okay, I think I may have a way to force you out of the state you're stuck in. I'll private message you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maya Orzechowska - I have converted your post into a Miro support ticket. You could have received an email confirming this.

It would be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and let us know what the support team tells you.

Will do. Thanks!

Maya

Can you also help me? I am having the exact same problem. Cannot do ANY action with this pop-up, no even log out - so I can’t create a new account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you also help me? I am having the exact same problem. Cannot do ANY action with this pop-up, no even log out - so I can’t create a new account.

@Daniëlle Borkent - I will create a support ticket on your behalf - you should receive a confirmation email shortly. What could be happening is that your email domain could have been added to a Miro subscription that is on an Enterprise Plan and an admin of this plan. Hopefully the support team will be able to provide better direction.

In the meantime, you could create a free email address and sign up for Miro with that address. If this gets sorted out with your current address, you could add your current address as a member of the new team you created and move boards between the teams.

Same issues as the above, is there a solution?