HELP! Got kicked out of my own board while no one else was part of the team, access denied

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I was working on my MIRO board for hours, but all of the sudden I got kicked out of it because apparently I not allowed… But it doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@veraburg - This warning can appear if you are signed into Miro with an account/email address that is NOT a member of the team where the board resides. So, if your @tudelft.nl Miro account profile is no longer/never was a member of that Educational Plan, you will get that message.

You can also get this message if, for example, you ARE a member of the team, but the board owner has changed the board’s Share settings to the following:

You can determine if you are a member of that team still by signing in with your @tudelft.nl account and looking on the left side of your Miro dashboard - do you see the team there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@veraburg -

Might be worth opening a Miro support request in that case - you can do it here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

I think, because the Miro board was part of my educational account, some thing happened there.

Apparently I am not the owner, but my employer is…(a large scale university) I approached the IT department to ask if they can help, but I do not think I can do anything else, the board is no where to be found anymore except through that link…. 

The scenarios that you mentioned most definitely did not happen, still a mystery… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@veraburg -

Can you confirm that you are, in fact, the board owner and that you are logged in using the correct Miro user account (in case you have more than one)?

Other than you removing all permissions for yourself via the Share dialog, transferring ownership to someone else, or being removed from the project or team in which the board exists I can’t think of what other scenarios might cause this to happen.

Kiron