HDD style Storage box

Userlevel 2

HI,

I’m looking for a way to store files in a more conventional folder style, but which I can link to the visual style.

SO I can house a bunch of say photos and select them by title rather than lay them all out on a frame and go looking. which is cool but not always suitable.

I know I can connect googleDrive or something, but I wondered if it might be something that Miro could handle ?

11 replies

Userlevel 2

I can't seem to find a way to do that but thanks anyway :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SachaDirect - I don’t see an official app for this on the Miro Marketplace. Probably the best you are going to do is link to an iCloud file/folder from a Miro - you may even be able to partially embed the folder into a board, if iCloud allows for embedding/iframe code - Miro also only nicely embeds a limited number of external sources - more on this here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-Media-to-Boards

Userlevel 2

Don’t suppose there is a way to connect iCloud Drive is there?

Userlevel 2

Thank you Robert for your time :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SachaDirect - I haven’t come across an app to do this within Miro and not not currently seeing anything in the Marketplace - you may want to have a look yourself if you haven’t already → https://miro.com/marketplace/

Userlevel 2

is there an attachable app suited to markup? or does it all need doing outside ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SachaDirect - Correct - you cannot. I mean, you can mark it up using Miro objects (arrows, highlighting, comments, etc.) but you cannot modify the file in anyway. Files in Miro appears to only preview the document using a lite/print-preview style viewer. 

Userlevel 2

right - so do you mean that for example I can't mark up a pdf ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SachaDirect - On top of reduced performance when you embed too many files in a board, another downside is that the files are read-only/static.

Userlevel 2

HI Robert,

Yes that seems sensible, 

I guess I was curious if there is a way to keep it all ‘in house’, as it were.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SachaDirect - Using stock Miro functionality, you could use the external linking option to “link to” any URL, e.g., a Google Drive or Dropbox URL.

And if you have a development background, you could even explore customizing/enhancing the process by using Miro’s Developer Platform to accomplish what you are looking for.