Facilitator / speaker notes best practices?

• 16 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey Workshoppers!

I’m building out a workshop that needs to be repeated/facilitated by multiple people. 

There are some prompts that I want the facilitator to use at specific sections, however including them on the board would distract from the participants. 

I’m thinking of perhaps creating a notion page / document for the co-facilitators to use and follow while they conduct the workshop, however I’m wondering if there’s anything that I am missing... 

What are the best practices for facilitator/speaker notes that are only meant to be seen by the facilitator?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Connorwforsyth -

The two ways I’ve done this in the past is:

1. Have a duplicate of the shared board in which I’ve added callouts or other annotations. Then with a dual monitor display I can keep one eye on those while interacting with participants in the shared board.
  2. Use the notes panel to capture this info. If you won’t be using notes for anything else, then it could be used exclusively for the facilitator notes. However, anyone clicking on the notes panel would also see them so they wouldn’t be invisible to all participants.

Kiron

I would urge to vote for this feature on the wishlist of MIRO. Here is the URL to the post. Please vote for this! https://community.miro.com/ideas/dedicated-section-for-speaker-facilitator-notes-13090

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for taking the time to share this question @Thomas Morel  We’ve made some updates to Workshop & Presentation features that I think you might find helpful here and can’t wait to share more with you soon!

To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!