Facilitating with multiple boards with a Consultant account

• 5 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello, 

I will be facilitating for the first time in MIRO. I will have 50 participants. First we will do an ice breaker all together in one board.  It will be a brainstorm meeting and there are 5 different topics.  I created 5 different boards and will divide the 50 participants to the boards. (10 participants in each board). We will have the same team members in breakout rooms in zoom. 

1. Can you foresee any issues with me running 5 different boards simultaneously with Consultant account? 
  2. I would love to practice this facilitation with the community is there a volunteer group that would allow me to practice with them? 

Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Claudia Perez -

While the multi-board approach works well, I do find that unless you have someone co-facilitating with you it can be difficult to support more than a couple of teams unless the participants and the work you are asking them to do can be done without any intervention or support from you. 

I prefer to have a single board but use distinct areas of the board for different teams. The benefit of that is that I can zoom out till the point where I can see all their individual team areas and monitor their cursor activity to see if any team appears to be “frozen” which might be a sign of confusion or disengagement.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Claudia Perez

Can you foresee any issues with me running 5 different boards simultaneously with Consultant account? 

Administratively, maybe. Technically, from a Miro server perspective, no. The same goes for any type of Miro plan as Miro does not advertise throttling performance by plan type.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

I will be facilitating for the first time in MIRO. I will have 50 participants. First we will do an ice breaker all together in one board.  It will be a brainstorm meeting and there are 5 different topics.  I created 5 different boards and will divide the 50 participants to the boards. (10 participants in each board). We will have the same team members in breakout rooms in zoom. 

1. Can you foresee any issues with me running 5 different boards simultaneously with Consultant account? 
  2. I would love to practice this facilitation with the community is there a volunteer group that would allow me to practice with them? 

Thank you!

Both Kiron and Robert are spot on!

If you’re open to a 3rd perspective. You can use Toasty (disclaimer: I work there :blush: ). 

I made a quick Loom video to show how you can plan out your agenda and load up multiple Miro boards in the same video call :point_down: .

https://www.loom.com/share/db70570b811d432191dbc4ec3884ffcf

Let me know if this was helpful 😊

Good luck! 🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@its.eric - Very cool - thanks for sharing! I just created my free Toasty account and will check it out.

Userlevel 2

@its.eric I will try out Toasty, but quick question the participants can also interact with my different Miro boards or view what I am doing only?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Jules -

Yes, participants can also interact with your Miro boards. It’s all determined by your Miro settings and how you’re sharing your boards.

When you click on the Miro board integration, you’ll get a few options provided by Miro like this:

… then according to your plan, you should be able to allow “Anyone to edit”.