Does anyone know how to change a Consultant Plan to a Team Plan?
Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 December 2022, 22:31
@Paresh Khimji - The Company Admin role should be able to do this by:
There is no option to flip a consultant membership to team.
Thanks for trying
@Paresh Khimji - Oh, wow. I see what you mean - there are no action buttons to select a team and continue. This was either missed or is a bug. I tried in Chrome and the Miro desktop app - same result.
I will convert this post into a Miro support ticket and they will take care of your request!
Thanks Robert,I have been scratching my head for months, I actually thought I did it but still getting charged consultant package. Now I am scared to loosing my boards if I had to flip manually.
There is still no option to change plans.
@Romeo Bollen - Yes, this is clearly a low-priority for Miro. A support continues to be the only option.
i had the same problem, u have to downgrade to free then select the plan u want after
Another option is for the support team to manually convert your subscription. The support ticket form can be found from your dashboard or while on a board by following these instructions.
Will we be getting this option anytime soon?
@SJK - Unfortunately the issue is that the Consultant (and Business) Plan’s structure is quite different from the Starter Plan (formerly Team Plan) as it includes an additional level of “Company” (which includes an additional role of Company Admin) and can also include unlimited teams/workspaces.
With these additional scenarios, it is not a simple as just converting a single team subscription to another type. While surely an end-user workflow could be created to let the user choose what should happen during the conversion process, I suppose this functionality has a low priority on Miro’s backlog.
Possible best-case scenario(?): You only have one team, and any Company Admins will be converted to a Team Admin.
@Robert Johnson That makes sense but why doesn’t it say that anywhere? It is super confusing. There should be a contact support option under each of those options.
@SJK - Agreed! There is definitely room for improvement!
I asked the support team about this, and they confirmed most of what I said above. As of this reply, here is a canned response regarding how a user can do this on their own:
I’m afraid that the switch from Consultant to Starter plan is not automated yet, but I’m happy to tell you that you’ll be able to perform it from your side.
1. First, please, cancel your Consultant plan subscription by going to the Company settings > Billing > Overview and clicking Cancel subscription at the bottom of the page.
2. The account and all the paid features will be available until the end of the paid period. Please, have no worries - after that, all the boards will stay intact, the account will be simply paused in a view-only mode.
3. Once the subscription expires, please, downgrade it to Free plan. To downgrade, you need to open your dashboard > select Choose your plan:
4. As a result, Consultant organization will be deleted and all the teams under it will turn to expired Starter plan, so, you’ll be able to simply Reactivate it with the desired number of seats (the minimum is your current team size. To choose less, you need to remove some users from the team beforehand):
5. Finally, you’ll be able to move boards created in the other teams to your Starter plan. For a step-by-step guide, please refer to this article: How to move boards between accounts.
Already have an account? Login
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Sorry, we're still checking this file's contents to make sure it's safe to download. Please try again in a few minutes.
Sorry, our virus scanner detected that this file isn't safe to download.