Did Frames sidebar navigation just change?

• 13 April 2022
  • 8 replies

As of 4/10/22, I can no longer use my keyboard “down arrow” to rapidly skip through my frames index in the left-hand sidebar. What I get with my down arrow is the scrolling of the entire board (like what I get with grabby hand pointer). Is this a new nav design? Anyone else seeing this? Can I toggle back!? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KertPeterson -

I had never used the arrow keys for navigating the frames list in the frames panel, but when I tested it just now my experience is the same as yours. 

I’d be surprised if there was any way to toggle back - I’ve checked with both mouse & trackpad navigation and the behavior is the same in both.

Kiron

Thanks for validating, @Kiron Bondale! Losing this functionality in Frames sidebar would be a frustration and disappointment for me, especially since the “updated” frames sidebar behavior is redundant and basically replicates what I can already do with my trackpad (i.e. move around the screen). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KertPeterson / @Kiron Bondale - It looks like Miro has either changed something for everyone or is conducting some A/B testing as the Frames sidebar has changed - as result, clicking a Frame for viewing also no longer centers the frame on the viewable space of the board, instead is centers on the entire board, which means the sidebar can cover some of the frame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Johnson -

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They changed it for me too. This is really unfortunate as I heavily used the list only view in that panel.

Kiron

+1 for bringing back the frames List view. Actually, +1,000

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale / @KertPeterson / @Benstix - I just heard about a few changes in the Frames panel -- not sure if these have been enabled on all subscriptions (I am am seeing the change on the Team, Free, Consultant, and Education Plans).

BONUS: I am also noticing that newly created frames have a background colour of white vs. being transparent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Johnson -

These look like great fixes/enhancements!

Kiron

Yeah great changes.  

I use the frames like a Table of Contents to easily move around the board when working or presenting. 

I like the update.