Question

Deleting Columns in a table

• 15 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I’ve added Postits to a table.

When I delete a column that does not contain any postits, then a postit that is contained two columns further left is gone.

Does anyone knows, why that can happen.

It’s not very good, this time I remarked because the table does not conatin many postits...

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@B.Lanker -

Is this a reproducible issue? If so, could you post a Loom or similar video of it as I tried to replicate it based on your description and didn’t get any additional deletions beyond the column I’d selected.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hello Kiron

Yes it is reproducible.

https://www.mycloud.ch/l/P00EAD9FBC5A4B5E63C927901B8BFC36106C47BE6230E49AA31ACFC8A8E9C2C8C

I remarked, that the Postit is moved to the left and not deleted. How can we avoid that?

Thanks and best regards Brigitte

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@B.Lanker -

That is very odd behavior. It might have something to do with the fact that some of the cells in the table are merged. 

At this point since it is reproducible, I’d recommend opening a support ticket with Miro here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@B.Lanker - This is likely due to the fact that your sicky notes are bound/in a Frame that is behind the table (and possibly in another table):

Example - it’s hard for me to exactly reproduce without seeing your full map/tables/frames/etc., but it’s kind of like the the following - Note the sticky on the right doesn’t delete with the column:

To gain a better sense of what all is going on, e.g., which objects the sticky notes are bound to, you can:

1. use Shift + drag to select all of the objects
  2. filter only the frame(s)
  3. drag the corners of the frame to “get it away/out of” the table

As you can see, once I moved the frame away, while it appeared to be in the table, when I removed a column, the sticky remains:

This isn’t to say this is exactly what is happening in your case, but I believe it is related and all of the layers of objects you have going on are causing this condition - it’s likely the Frame is the culprit.

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot Robert :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I should publicly thank @B.Lanker for including a video reproduction of the issue. Videos are screenshots can be very helpful and save us all a lot of time when trying to understand and resolve issues/questions :wink: