Cross team collaboration

Hello!

I have a question that i haven’t been able to find a clear answer for.

Problem
We’re in a situation where we are currently paying for a seat in our team for a client. They really like Miro and would like to create their own team, but are worried that they’ll loose access to the boards we’ve been collaborating on.

Question
Is it possible to collaborate on the same boards across two different Miro teams? 

Client team> Project Boards <Our team

Thank you!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Thomas Lilja :

The solution to your answer could be  part of this help topic:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571594-Manage-Teams

Michael

Thanks for your reply!

I read the article, but it seems like this solution would only work if both teams are a part of the same organization?

For an example, Company A has a team, and Company B has a team. The are part of completely different organizations. Would those two companies, even though they’re not sharing the same organization, and are both paying (but separately) for a Miro plan, still be able to share boards?

Cheers, 

Thom

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Thom,

this could be maybe a way:
https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034831793-Domain-Control

But I think the best would be to contact:

support@miro.com 

I’m sure they help you for a solution that fits perfectly to your needs.

Michael  

Userlevel 3

Hi @Thomas Lilja  - did youo ever get an answer to this question - I have the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You can definitely be part of teams which are billed to different accounts and have access to boards in each.

Kiron

Userlevel 3

Thanks. I contacted support and it seems the best way of doing this for my requirements is to invite guest editors.

Hi

we have the same problem / issue:

Our company using Miro with Team plan. Company “B” is using Team plan. Now we should work on the same board / multiple boards for a client project. Is there a way to us the team-team collaboration? 

I don’t like the solution with the public link if all members do have a subscription in a team plan. It should be possible to add paid user / subscriptions from other companies to our team-boards without daily passes or similar. 

Thanks for support!

Geri

Hey,

I’m in the same boat and that’s one of the reason I opted for the consultant plan.

I’m a consultant and some of the clients have Miro set up. Due to various reasons I can’t be part of their teams and thus when we collaborate where I incentivize some of the work I’d like to be able to add my collaborators (who already have Miro accounts) to my team. Is there anyway I can make this wor?

Thanks!

Alexander

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alexander Kaminski -

Absolutely - so long as you have licenses available, you can add existing Miro users with different accounts to your teams. However, even though they might be paying for their Miro access separately (to their own boards), if you add them to your teams you will end up paying for them as well.

Kiron

@Alexander Kaminski -

Absolutely - so long as you have licenses available, you can add existing Miro users with different accounts to your teams. However, even though they might be paying for their Miro access separately (to their own boards), if you add them to your teams you will end up paying for them as well.

Kiron

I feel this business model is a bit out of date to be honest if you compare to other SaaS services, and it makes you start to look at the competition = Not good for Miro in the long run. And I’ve been a promoting Miro(Realtimeboard) customer under varying accounts since 2014.

If you have a cluster of companies/consultants all with paid team plans, each time they want to collaborate with another team also paying for the service all costs are doubled. So if a cluster of 10 companies want to work with the other companies in 10 different projects you end up with 9 times the monthly fee even though all are paying for their respective services from the beginning. I’m fine with higher rates for extra functionality, but that becomes ridiculous.

I really like Miro and want to promote Miro to our partners, but this can be a showstopper for them, so I really really really hope the Miro team has a solution for this up it sleeves.

Should rather be so that you could pay just 1 time per person, not per team member. This makes it impossible to be part of more than one team? Does not fit so well with how we work in reality.

I agree. This does not work for our group either.  We have vendors with paid teams and we have our team and are unable to collaborate with the needed functionality.

There are issues with permissions and viewing with the current model.  There needs to be a way to have team members come with their own membership.

This is a thread I’d like to follow as our team plan members are in the same situation. We have a team plan collaborator that would we would like to collaborate with sometimes – going in both directions. I hope there will be a solution soon. Thank you!