Create frame key command

• 13 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a key command for creating frames? Or selecting multiple items and then creating individual frames from them?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks Robert. This shortcuts sheet is great. This suggestion is not quite the workflow I'm looking for. This will create a single frame of the multiple selected objects. what im looking to do is either:

1. select multiple items and create individual frames for each 
  2. key command for quickly converting a selected item to a frame instead of selecting and right clicking

I came here looking for the feature @Shawn Walsh was asking about -- I put it in the Wish List: https://community.miro.com/ideas/select-multiple-items-and-turn-each-one-into-a-separate-frame-8265  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shawn Walsh - There are quite a few shortcuts and hotkeys in Miro.

The F hotkey will go into Frame mode and a Shift + drag will allow you to multi-select (or Ctrl/Cmd+click) and then use F again to create a frame around those objects:

See all shortcuts and hotkeys in the following Help Center article → Shortcuts and Hotkeys

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shawn Walsh - Ah, yes. I see that the right-click Create frame doesn’t create individual frames rather one around all selected objects.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.