Container

• 7 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I am new to Miro but I’m trying to understand which objects are defined as containers and which ones are define as objects(shapes).  I’ve tried to treat some Container looking object’s like container’s but they function as a object.  One thing in particular is the brainwriting template, at first I thought it would operate as a table of sticky notes but it operates as an organized group of sticky notes where the stickies over lap and do not automatically adjust to the change in size of the other stickies.  Can some one describe or define the pattern or definition of what is an object and what is a container in Miro?  Thank you for your help.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Smith -

Within a board, I’m only aware of three commonly used “containers”.

1. Frames - these effectively act as sections, topics or chapters for your session. They serve as the underlayer for the objects placed on top of them. Frames will not affect the native behavior of the objects placed on top of them.
  2. Tables (formerly grids) - these allow grouping of objects in columns and rows. Tables will constrain some of the behaviors of the objects placed within their cells.
  3. Kanban boards - these are specifically for cards and can be used to support work management & visualization of work flow.

Most Miro templates are just collections of containers and objects with some grouping and locking of those. Certain Miro templates are “smarter” in that they have behavior or capabilities that go beyond the native capabilities of the individual objects within them.

Hope that helps!

Kiron