Connection Lines - Jump Over

• 25 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

In Visio if I have a connection line that crosses another connection line, it automatically adds a little ‘jump’ to show the line direction.

Is this feature available in Miro?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Line jumps have officially been announced and should be available to all users.

Connection Lines Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730733#01H7YSSA7N8RNRCC1D5K60E3PQ

What’s New Talktrack recording:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVMmdAZzg=/?playRecording=c59c0403-3d7e-428b-ae66-29626d48cd4a

Great, thanks for the link @Stephen Carp !

Userlevel 2

Line jumps are absolutely essential in all sorts of diagrams which show directional flow, such as systems architecture diagrams. I’m a new Miro user and I don’t know how to see/contribute to wish lists. How do we get this on the upcoming feature list?

Hi Phil,

The item is in the Wish List.

You can vote for it there.

Connection Lines : Add a 'jump' for lines that cross | Miro

Regards, Stephen

Line jumps are absolutely essential in all sorts of diagrams which show directional flow, such as systems architecture diagrams. I’m a new Miro user and I don’t know how to see/contribute to wish lists. How do we get this on the upcoming feature list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Henrik Ståhl -

This would be an awesome enhancement because whenever I teach a class were my learners are building a schedule network diagram, I joke with them about “not crossing the proton streams” when their dependency links criss-cross.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Stephen Carp Ah, I see. Thanks for the screenshot! As you said, there are nothing like that in Miro. But you could create a Wish List idea, if there isn't one already? 🙂

Userlevel 2
This is a ‘jump’ in the Visio Software.
You can see one connecting line jumps over another.
In Miro this is would just show as two lines crossing, making it slightly harder to read

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stephen Carp! Could you upload a screenshot? Not sure I understand what you mean by “jump”.