Question

Clusterized images download

• 22 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone. I created a Miro Board on which I clusterized some pictures. I would like to be able to download these pictures in such a way that I could know to which cluster corresponds each picture.

I tried to give the name of the cluster to the picture (from the board, when you click on the picture it looks like you can rename it) and to download a board backup, but the name of the downloaded picture is not the one I chose.

Does anyone know how I could do such a thing?

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@C Lacroix -

The only suggestion I’d have is to put a frame around all the pictures in one cluster, and then export the frame as an image which can be used as a reference when folks are deciding which pictures to view.

Kiron

I don’t know if it would really make things easier in my case, but thank you for your answer !

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@C Lacroix - If I am understanding your use case correctly, for example, if a picture related to “travel”, then you would like to be able to

1. place one or more images somewhere on the board that identifies them as being travel related
  2. download a single image and have the file name include the word “travel” in the name

If this is correct, unfortunately there is no out-of-the-box metadata tagging for for any objects other than Sticky Notes or Cards.

Wish List Idea post

There is an existing post for Tags for all shapes, however, there are a number of replies to that post requesting Tags for all objects, which would likely solve your issue. I would suggest upvoting that idea and adding your comments. Also feel free to add your own idea. If you do, please post a link to it back here.

Miro Developer Platform

After reading a recent post about resizing multiple images, if you were committed enough to having this feature, you would likely use Miro’s SDK to create an action that could download an image from a board and inherit the name of a frame in which it resides, e.g., plane.jpg in in a frame titled “Travel”. When you select the image and use the button you have added to the Miro board interface, you would be prompted to save a file called “Travel_plane.jpg”.

You can learn more about this by having someone with a development background to review the developer platform documentation.