Answered

Can't remember how to drag a new box from another!

• 11 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 30 mins ago I created a new ‘sticky note’ box and then left-click-dragged from one of the 4 side-handles and it made a new box whilst linking them with an arrow…

Now, I can’t figure out how to do it!

I make a new ‘sticky note’ box and left-click-drag from one of the 4 side-handles but it doesn’t make a new sticky note box, it just drags out an arrow!

This loss of productivity is killing me! Have the features changed in the last 30 mins, did I dream it or have I lost all box skills?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by thetitanium 14 April 2020, 03:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Seems like this is either a BUG or feature….

I placed a big square box (just an outline, nothing inside it) around the sticky note - if I drag from within the square box, I don’t get the new sticky note option that I remembered, just the line option

If I make a new sticky note which is outside the square box, I get the new box dialog I remember

This is a pain when I’m trying to organize everything, I want all my categories of sticky notes inside a big box!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s odd - I’ve tried to replicate your procedures with a standalone sticky, a sticky inside a rectangle and a sticky inside a frame and in all three cases, the handles only create arrows. The only way I’m able to get another sticky is to:

1. Select it and do a Ctrl-D
  2. Create a sticky and then immediately thereafter double-click somewhere else
  3. Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V

But in all three of those cases I just get a standalone sticky, not one which is linked to the first one.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

That’s odd - I’ve tried to replicate your procedures with a standalone sticky, a sticky inside a rectangle and a sticky inside a frame and in all three cases, the handles only create arrows. The only way I’m able to get another sticky is to:

1. Select it and do a Ctrl-D
  2. Create a sticky and then immediately thereafter double-click somewhere else
  3. Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V

But in all three of those cases I just get a standalone sticky, not one which is linked to the first one.

Kiron

On Chrome on Windows/Mac, I create the sticky note, left-click on one of the 4 blue dots on the outside of it (and an arrow starts to follow the mouse) then left-click elsewhere (without moving the mouse afterwards). A dialog box pops up that says ‘add the same object’ and I can either left-click it or press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard and another sticky note gets made - very time-saving!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is pretty cool - I just tried it out and it works well. This would be a good time saver for creating things like network diagrams.

It’s a pity that you can’t do it with the line tool in order to create shapes with connected lines...