Can i save different renamed versions of my miro board to my google drive?

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there, i was trying to save rev 1 of the miro board (previously it was renamed as rev 0) using my ipad pro. 

I encountered a glitch where it could not be saved and it is only possible when i closed the app and reopened it again. 

Is this a common bug? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Bear - Downloading a board backup (.rtb file) is completely independent of the Google Drive app.

You can download the board backup file and store it anywhere you would like.

Instructions on how to download a board backup can be found here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572754-How-to-export-your-board#h_746305e1-d4ef-4c17-80be-23ce01efab96

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Bear!

Thank you for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble saving boards to your Google Drive. Let’s get down to the bottom of this. 🧐

I’m not 100% sure what the issue is, but could it be this message?

If so, then it’s explained by the fact that what you’re saving in your Google Drive is actually just the link to the board. If you change the name of the board that has already been saved to Google Drive the link still remains the same, hence the pop-up in the screenshot above.

If you’re actually trying to save a new board - say, a restored version or a duplicate of the board - it should be possible. 

Does this clear things up? Please let me know if I have misunderstood you, in which case it would be great if you’ve sent us a Loom video showing the issue (please make sure it does not contain any personal information) so that we can investigate it further. Thanks! 🙂

Hello!

Thank you for your response. Yes. My initial assumption is that by virtue of linking the google drive - i could save an actual copy of the document. So i hear you - that it only saves the link. 

Though i was wondering, does saving the link does not meet my criteria as i fear of losing my file in the event my board gets wiped away. 

Is there a way i could save the board (not the link) whilst i am using the google drive plug in? Or can i save it in files with my icloud drive. 

Kind regards.