Answered

Board created in wrong team. I was invited to a team and accidentaly created a board in it. I would like to move it to my own account/ team.

• 25 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I was invited to a team and accidentally created a board in it. I would like to move it to my own account/ team.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 25 February 2021, 13:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have a free plan, and would like to move an element from one team to another. I followed the above steps, but the “Move to team” isn’t available on my end. Why? Thanks!

@Lydie - There are at least two reasons why this could be:

1. You are not the owner of the board, or
  2. your Miro account profile, i.e., the email address you are signed in as is either only a member of one team (and if you see more than one team, you may only be a guest of the other(s)).

For example, I am a member of many teams and could move my boards between them:

While this user is only a member of one team and therefore would not have the “Move to team” action as there is nowhere for the board to be moved to:

I have a free plan, and would like to move an element from one team to another. I followed the above steps, but the “Move to team” isn’t available on my end. Why? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update: “Move to account” has been renamed to “Move to team” (finally!)

Thanks so much Kiron. Will give that a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Andrew Amondson -

From the dashboard view of the other team, you should be able to bring up the board menu and select the move to account option (see below) to move the board to a different team.

Kiron