Board alias?

• 19 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi!

A colleague included me on a Board in his Team, but I’d love to keep the Board also in my Team's organization structure so I can keep it with other related projects.  I gather that I could export the Board to my own Team (e.g. back up the Board to an external RTB file, import into my Team), but then any updates on my colleagues Board wouldn’t be reflected in my version, right?  I’m curious if there is something like a “Board alias” that would allow me to have a live copy of the Board in my Team or a placeholder that links to Board instance the other Team?

Thanks!

MD

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @mdean,

Uploading a board's backup creates a new board, so it indeed doesn't stay connected to the original and the updates will not appear there. To achieve the setup that you described, I would suggest embedding original board into another board. 

ooh, that’s cool, didn’t even know you could nest boards like that!  That page is helpful for generating the iFrame code, but it doesn’t really explain the downstream steps of embedding it into another board. 

When I try this:

more tools > paste iFrame code

I get this odd movie-icon instance below, requiring multiple clicks into the frame to see the board - is this how it is, there’s no way to embed it more seamlessly?

Thanks for the help!
M

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @mdean,

The answer to your question is here

Hope this helps 🙂

thanks - since I’m embedding within another board, that last warning trumps everything, I guess autoplay won’t be possible, too bad!  Thanks anyway!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@mdean, actually, you'll still be able to get rid of one extra screen. You can see the difference on this loom I recorded for you.