Align text to top, middle or bottom of box

• 14 April 2022
  • 7 replies

I’d like the option to align the contents of a box to the top rather than the centre - example attached. Is this possible and I’m just missing it?

text aligned to centre

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @photosynthesize! You can align left, center and right, and also top, center and bottom. Just click the alignment icon in the toolbar:

Hi @photosynthesize! You can align left, center and right, and also top, center and bottom. Just click the alignment icon in the toolbar:

Hiya @Henrik Ståhl 

It doesn’t look like that for me, there’s no vertical alignment option:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@photosynthesize -

Can you clarify which shape or object you are using as text entered within a standard shape (e.g. rectangle) provides the choices which @Henrik Ståhl has shown whereas a text box (using the “T” text tool) won’t?

Also, is this object within a table/grid?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale - ah, that’s what it is, thank you. They’re text boxes on top of square shapes. Wonder why vertical alignment isn’t available for text boxes. No, not within a table or grid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@photosynthesize -

The rationale is that a text box is usually roughly the same size as the text within it, so vertical alignment isn’t as much of a concern. You would manually move the text box itself up or down within the shape if you really needed to use a text box, otherwise, you might be better off using the “native” text capability within shapes.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale OK, thanks. I’m very new to Miro and I’m accustomed to design software that allows a lot of typographic control. I’ll know this for the future though.

Do I understand correctly that it is impossible to center text in a text box?

Thanks!