Adding users to team without notification

• 2 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

In my Miro Enterprise Environment I have several Teams and serveral hundred users active. I want to create a “Landing Team” where all new users are added to and can find information about our environment and so on.

But obviously I want to make this Team (and the board in it) also visible to all other users. Is there a way to add them without them getting an information mail, which they receive if I simply “Invite” them to the team? I want to allow them to access the information board, but not create confusion why they are suddenly in a new team.

Regards, Alex

3 replies

Hi @Alexander Neu 
I'd be happy to help here!

As I understand you'd like for new users to be invited to a certain team within your Enterpise plan. I can suggest you enable the Just-in-Time provisioning (JIT). JIT works with SSO and automatically captures all newly registered users with corporate SSO domains to a particular team in your Enterprise plan. It can be easily enabled in your Miro SSO settings. You can find more details here. This feature is also available for teams on the Business plan

JIT_settings.jpg

You can also use SCIM to automatically provision and manage users of your Enterprise plan through your Identity Provider (IdP). With SCIM enabled, you can add users to particular teams and remove them, update user details and emails, deactivate and reactivate users from within the Identity Provider of your choice. You can find more details on this in our Help Center - User provisioning on Enterprise plan

As for sharing the team and the board in it with your organization, if your team is on the Enterprise plan you can simply share the board with your organization. Every member of your Enterprise plan will be able to find the board in the search results and access it by a link (sign-in required). Members of the team where the board is stored will also see it on the team’s dashboard.

share_with_company.jpg

The option to share a board with the entire company is not visible for users if the Admin has restricted it in settings or enabled Team privacy.

I hope this helps!

Hi, 
Thanks for your reply. Actually it is the contrary thing. New users are easy. We are employing SSO and JIT already. The thing is, I want to add users to a particular Team that already EXIST in Miro, but WITHOUT them getting notified of being added to the team. 

I created a “Landing Team” with required information for users and want every user to be able to see it. But if I add all already active users to the team and they receive a mail, that they are added to a team they didn’t expect to go into, I fear for more confusion then better information.

Hi @Alexander Neu 
Thank you for clarifying your question.

Currently, the only way to add a user to a team without triggering a notification is through SCIM.  SCIM, provides automated provisioning and user management for Miro Enterprise subscriptions through your Identity Provider (IdP). You can disable the email notification for invited users from your Enterprise integration settings. 

Otherwise, only the end-user can decide whether to receive such notification from their Profile Settings > Notifications preferences settings.