Adding a new team

• 12 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I use Miro for different courses. I the past I was able to create new teams. But it seems that I lost this ability. Does anyone know how te create a new team (as not in person of a company)?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 replies

@Apollonia  your answer is very clear and helpful. Done the job for me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Rosanne van Wieringen!

Thanks for posting this question! ✨

In fact, if you’re talking about creating new teams (not just joining other users’ teams), it is possible only in these cases:

1. When you first register your profile and are offered to create your own team or if you’ve left all the teams you’ve been invited to;
  2. When you buy a new paid account (team) by clicking the plus icon on the left sidebar;
  3. If you are the Company Admin of an organization on the Consultant plan, you can create multiple teams under this organization’s umbrella;
  4. If you are the Company Admin of an organization on the Enterprise plan, you can create multiple teams under this organization’s umbrella.

Note that if you’re logged in to Miro with a corporate email that belongs to an organization on the Enterprise plan, it might be the case that the Full Domain Control feature is enabled - it prohibits users with emails in the corporate domain(s) from creating any new teams outside of the subscription.

Hope this clears things up! 🙂