Answered

Account subscription question

• 20 April 2020
  • 7 replies

I am a tutor.  I have 16 students. I meet with them one at a time. I need more than the 3 free Boards.  Does that mean I need to get the Business Account?  That would be a big bummer, since it would not be cost effective.  I will never be meeting with more than one other “collaborator” at a time.  Can I do this with the Team Account?

Thanks,

CWFR

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 20 April 2020, 19:44

View original

7 replies

Appreciate the help. I had taken a RTB dumps on the system just in case. Thanks a ton!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Parag -

As far as I know, if you shift from a paid back to a free account you may be able to return back to the mode of having three active boards with unlimited users being able to access them. However, because the free plan doesn’t provide access to certain features, if those are used in your boards, you’d have some reduction in functionality. 

A safer option if you do wish to cancel would be to backup all of your important boards to local RTB files on your computer and then in the future you could restore your boards from those backups. However, if Miro happens to significantly change the format of the RTB file before you return as a paid member, you might not be able to restore those.

Kiron

Hi Community - I am paid user and for now I want to cancel my subscription for some reason. I will hope to renew the subscription in a couple of months. I had created a few projects in my account, so if I cancel the subscription now and renew in future, will I be able to retrieve the old data and boards?

Please help. 

Cheers

Yes, I mean boards. Thank you very much for the answer! 

Sincerely,

Anastasiia Kim

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anastasiia Kim -

Could you clarify what you mean by desks? If you are referring to boards, then yes, you could certainly invite contributors to work on different boards with a paid subscription using the Anonymous Guest Editor access, or invite them to work on the same board but just in different virtual areas.

Kiron

Hello, I have a question about subscription plan too. I want to buy a single monthly subscription to work on the workshop. During the workshop it is planned that participants will work in several groups, so I want to create 3-4 desks and invite Anonymous Guest Editors into each desk. Does the single subscription plan allow to invite people to work in different desks simultaneously? If not, which one should I choose?

Sincerely,

Anastasiia Kim

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@CWFR , it sounds like either the Team or Consultant plans would fit your needs. As far as providing access to your students, you could use the recently released Anonymous Guest Editor capability, with the caveat that if the URL for a board “leaks” then someone other than a given student would be able to access it. Alternately, depending on the how long you tutor each student you could look at day passes.

Kiron