Ability to Revert Toolbar to Left Hand Tray on Windows Desktop App

Userlevel 5
Badge

I might be overlooking something simple here; it seems like the recent Interactive Display update on the Windows desktop app locked the toolbar to the bottom of the screen (see screenshot below). I also lost the order of my apps. I could not find anything in Preferences or the gear to shift it back to the left. The web version still shows the toolbar on the left of the screen, and has retained the app order.

Has anyone found a means of switching it back? Thanks :)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kyle Chipman Hm, that's interesting. It's still to the left on Mac. Could it be a bug? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kyle Chipman - I recall seeing this once before. I believe it was due to thr app thinking one of the displays attached to the device accessing Miro was an "interactive display" because it was a touchscreen.

Have you tried resetting the app data? Steps in this article (I can use the anchor links while browsing from mobile until Miro enhanced their support site):

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Kyle Chipman,

Thanks for reporting this interesting case!

Could you please clarify the device and the interactive display you are working on? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks so much for the responses, all! Appreciate the help :)

@Robert Johnson what you’ve laid out, the app perceiving an external display as “interactive”, makes sense. It’s the same home projector I’ve been using for years, but I took my laptop with me while traveling and had it plugged in to docks and devices while out and about, both through the USB-C port and through a Surface Dock. When I get home this evening I’ll try resetting the app data. Appreciate the time taken and insight provided.

@Alyona I’ll holler if Robert’s recommendation works.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi all - thanks for your patience. I’ve been making a conscious effort to keep screens turned off at night when I get home (supplanted with books and music), and every next day at work the thought hits me, “I did not test resetting the app data!”

Resetting cached data worked like a charm; was definitely all those traveling connections that tricked the desktop app into thinking my projector was an interactive monitor. Big thanks to @Robert Johnson for the advice, with additional thanks heaped on to @Henrik Ståhl  and @Alyona for jumping in the thread. Obliged :)